The Trans Episcopal Priestess is Making Waves
A woman who transitioned from her birth designated gender of male preached a sermon on gender that has exploded. She explains why God is neither male nor female and, as I understand her, Jesus was not either.
There has always been this mystery about God taking a rib from Adam, a male, and making it into a female, Eve. Isn't this "trans?"
That this woman's church and denomination thinks it's fine for her to hold the post of priest, or priestess, is the business of those parties involved. I don't see any point for the Christian press to make a story about it nor for commenters to carry on about how heathen the church and the woman are. Really, if you are a Southern Baptist in Mississippi it will change your life not at all.
The priestess has things to deal with more complicated than being bashed on Christian Post. It includes, for example, traveling and using rest rooms if she does not pass as a female. We know from experience this can be outright dangerous. The taboo of trans is so ingrained in our culture it sends some people who are already a little bonkers over the edge.
As I recall, this first trans celebrity in my lifetime was Professor Christine Jorgenson, a professor. As a male she was an economist who published in very competitive journals. After her transition, I recall she was at one of the Ivies, she continued her career as a professor until retirement.
I hope this Episcopal Priestess has a similar successful career.
Comments
Post a Comment