The Next Big Thing in Religion is Not a New God. It's Crystals


According to research done among generation Z, there is a strong interest in the spirituality of crystals. There can be no doubt mysterious powers from crystals predates Christianity. In my childhood, the powers of comic book star, Superman, came from a crystal. I've written before here about the booming sales of tarot cards. According to the link, tarot cards are used along with crystals. 

Those called generation Z were born between 1990 and 2010. Their parents are generation X. We all know generation X was Christian lite and Z is lighter. 

Christianity has testimonies of how the almighty saved them from sin, death and hell. Those who worship with crystals provide a lot of testimony one can see on the link. It is said they can heal. 

We know from surviving writing there was a lot of superstition and many gods during the pre Old Testament period. It was all part of the freewheeling pagan religion which was not one faith but took many forms. It would make sense that when billions of people are freed from being under the finger of one god all kinds of gods and objects would appear as "spiritual. I'm guessing we are going back to that. We have gone from three TV channels to 300. Why not do the same thing with gods?

People who carry crystals around or wear jewelry with them (the Mayor of NYC wears such a ring) use the word "energy" to describe what the rocks contain or provide, According to another article I read, quartz actually contains some kind of electrical presence. No one has ever presented evidence energy passes to humans, however. This time of year there is a huge number of people in and around Quartzsite, AZ, shopping at booths of rock collectors. 

On a personal note, there is nothing more unfortunate when traveling then to take a seat beside someone who wants to talk religion with you. Now I need to avoid sitting by anyone with a book in his lap about rocks. 


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Two hogs got me a diamond ring in 1960, and a godess, (small g).

      Delete
    2. Helper--that's neat. We talk almost daily about the diamond ring I bought. I was working in an office in NYC, she had come out for the summer with a friend. I told a guy in the office I wanted to buy a diamond ring, where should I do that. "No, don't pay retail. I can fix you up for wholesale." When he brought the ring, I held it up in the light and saw a dark spot. He had not noticed it but agreed in the right light one could see it. I bought it anyway. Whenever we've had the ring cleaned and serviced, the tech will say, "I noticed there is a big imperfection, otherwise it's a beautiful stone." So even now, she teases me about cutting corners with to get her to marry me.

      Delete
    3. My flawless hogs produced a flawless diamond . ( I checked with the jeweler before buying). Producing a flawless marriage over 60 years. Mine was surely smaller than yours, never the less flawless. At the time, three hogs was the going price. I made up for the small size on our 50th anniversary.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Maybe the "Original Sin" Should be Reassigned

The Religious Capitol Invaders May Yet Win

Father Frank Pavone, the Ultimate Crook