Crooks and Crazies, Christianity is Filled to the Brim

 


My hobby of visiting Christian sites every day to find out what is being discussed is a source of amusement. Today, for example, I learned a fool can spend $1,500 to learn how to pray.  

Then I learned Christians must not focus just on being prejudiced against trans people. A good Christian must remember to be prejudiced against lesbian, gay and bi people too. And don't forget if a Christian votes for a Democrat, that is a sin. 

I know plenty of people who also call themselves Christian read about such groups and are confident all of them are wrong. Only Christians like us, the readers say, are the true and knowledgeable ones. The three groups above are Christian imposters. What might be called "Main Line Christianity" very recently identifies the "five major heresies" committed by evangelical Christians. These include believing Jesus was "created," not born. It makes me wonder why God does not strike me with lightening for believing neither. 

I have liberal friends who cannot understand how anyone can support the crooked and morally deficient Donald Trump. My explanation is that if billions of humans can believe in invisible beings, several different invisible beings, it's an easy transition to believing the election was stolen and this crook is a great leader. Further, it's easy to believe one fertilized cell is a human being. Humans have lots of ability to believe strange things. Apparently, it includes that it costs $1,500 to learn how to pray. 

I noticed that at the recent appearance of Joel Osteen in Yankee Stadium there were a few empty seats. I think admission was around $50. I assume Osteen preaches ideas thought to be heresy. In spite of the heresy it probably was a financial success.  

The industry of crooks and crazies will continue to thrive as long as millions are willing to believe strange ideas. If only this money could be spent on schools and health care our country and the world would be a better place.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maybe the "Original Sin" Should be Reassigned

The Religious Capitol Invaders May Yet Win

Father Frank Pavone, the Ultimate Crook